Persistence paid off! How Ivan Karol developed the military camouflage used by elite US troops
Persistence paid off
How Ivan Karol developed the military camouflage used by world wide elite troops
POSTED: 23/10/2018. u 11:37
Ivan Karol from Prelog developed the GEARSKIN project and is the only one in the world to produce self-adhesive camouflage cloth, which is mainly used by the military, writes the emedimurje portal .Karol has decided to try out in My Zaba Start, a competition organized by Zagrebačka banka and chooses the best innovative entrepreneurial ideas. With his idea, he was one of three selected startups.
– The idea was the ultimate camouflage solution, the only one in the world, and starting a company is a logical sequence to commercialize and monetize this product. The point was clear, GEARSKIN ™ has been receiving tremendous attention and market interest from the very beginning, and we have made the solutions offered up until then almost inferior – notes this entrepreneur.
It is a self-adhesive material that the military can use on any piece of equipment, but it is equally applicable to hobbyists, such as those who play paintball, airsoft and outdor enthusiasts. His company is the only company in the world to offer such a product and method of camouflage military equipment in a safe, certified way with top quality and is the fastest way to apply effective camouflage.
Increasing breakthrough in the US
Karol is also aware of the importance of partners, who always emphasize:
– Partners are always important. With their support, the community of providers of military equipment of the Republic of Croatia also provides us with support. Out of Croatia, we have many business partners, most important to us are ActInBlack Luxembourg companies, RedWolf Hong Kong, Defence industries Australia, ASMC Germany, Gunfire Poland, NFM Norway, Contact left ltd. UK, there are several large German companies with whom we develop accessories for Bundeswehr military equipment, and companies from the United States, with the help of which we are making an increasing breakthrough on this extremely important market – he notes.
As many as 90 percent of the products are exported abroad and have a sales network of distributors on all inhabited continents.
– Consumers of our product are diverse, ranging from hobbyists, military simulation players, to special units of France, sniper school of Great Britain, German Bundeswehr, Croatian police and various branches of the US military. We are particularly proud to say that our product is used by one of the most elite units in the US Army, DELTA FORCE – listed by Karol.
Since he built his entrepreneurial story from scratch, he also faced obstacles of a financial and purchasing nature. Today, his company has more than 130 products and only a year ago had 28. But he adds that he has no recipe for success.
– I can summarize my story into this: sacrifice and renunciations in almost every aspect of life. Also thinks that fixed business plans in today’s dynamic business environment are not completely reliable. Very soon, your plan will cry out for revision at the very first hurdle, which means lost time. Start working and thinking fluidly, identifying your niche trends, knowing where you are today versus where you want to be, and moving on. Your vision and your stubborn dedication are enough – Karol advises.
But when she receives positive feedback from all clients, he knows it was all worth it. Learning, new challenges and stepping into fields where no one has left their mark is what continues to motivate him in every new work day.
He also appreciates all the acquaintances around the world that this job has enabled him to do, although, as he admits, he has forgotten what his spare time is with regular work and entrepreneurship. Still, he spends those moments with his family, piloting FPV drones or engaging in airsoft, a realistic simulation of combat operations. He plans to continue in the same direction, writes emedimurje portal.
– I love what I do, I am satisfied and that is why I see myself in the future. But in a business like this, it’s hard to predict tomorrow so I’m not trying to be Nostradamus myself. Enjoying the moment without the burden and getting the positive out of everything is the best plan – he concludes.
Comments are closed